[syslinux] timeout and menu passwd in pxelinux

Steven Shiau steven at nchc.org.tw
Thu Sep 8 04:51:49 PDT 2005

Hi,
I am trying the simple menu passswd in syslinux 3.11, and it seems that
if I set the timeout option, the menu passwd is ignored. For example:
-----------
default menu.c32
timeout 70
prompt 0
noescape 1
MENU MARGIN 5
MENU MASTER PASSWD $4$x$03NXHMe7QS0Ukxlkyh684LkWdqY$

label local
  MENU DEFAULT
  # MENU HIDE
  MENU LABEL Local operating system (if available)
  MENU PASSWD
  localboot 0

label memtest
  # MENU DEFAULT
  # MENU HIDE
  MENU LABEL Memory test using Memtest86+
  MENU PASSWD
  kernel memtest86

Then when I boot the client, it will automatically boot into local disk
in 7 secs.
I think maybe the password priority should be higher than timeout
option, i.e. if the menu password is set, then timeout option should be
ignored. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you HPA, syslinux is always an excellent program. You added so
many new features, thanks again.

--
Steven Shiau