[Fwd: Re: [syslinux] etherboot 5.3.14 and pxelinux keyboard problem]

Quinn plattel at tiscali.dk
Thu Sep 8 10:26:07 PDT 2005

H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Quinn wrote:
>
>> Hello again,
>>
>> Back to an old case:  Etherboot 5.3.14 and pxelinux.0
>> I just tested v3.11 of pxelinux.0 - same problem as described below -
>> keyboard hangs at boot prompt.
>> I also tested v3.10-pre21 - someone mention that arp polling was
>> disabled for this version.
>

> What about current Etherboot?
>
>     -hpa

Same results with etherboot 5.4.1/pxelinux 3.11 and etherboot
5.4.1/pxelinux 3.10-pre21.
pxelinux 3.10 gives the same results as pxelinux-3.10-pre21.

When the keyboard hangs, Num Lock/Caps Lock/Scroll Lock work fine but
typing anything in
does not show up at the boot prompt and if you keep on trying then the
keyboard buffer
overflows (beeping noises).  Pressing the enter doesn't do anything either.
Rebooting the pc with CTRL-ALT-DEL works fine though.

Quinn