[syslinux] tftpd permission problem

Sreenivasa Reddy cnu_reddy at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 13:26:25 PDT 2005

Hi all

i crosscompiled tftp-hpa and running on MPC5200
target.

when i am updating new file into tftp server i am
unbale to give execute permission to that file. My
inetd.conf contains the follwing line.

tftp dgram udp wait root /sbin/in.tftpd in.tftpd -c -p
 -U 000

Any clue.

thanks and regards
srinivasa reddy

--- Andrew Wray <andywray at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> [...]
> out exactly which
> >
> > Figure out which prerelease fixed the setup.
> > (and reply below the text)
> >

> > Cheers
> > Geert Stappers
>

> Thanks for your help with all of this,
>
> I have done some more testing with this and this is
> what I have found:
>
> (note that if no behavior is given for "broken",
> assume does not exit
> pxeboot)
>
> syslinux < 3.00 — works
> syslinux 2.20-pre7 — works (never an official 2.20
> release)
> syslinux 2.20-pre8 — broken
> syslinux 3.07 — broken
>
> syslinux 3.08-pre1 — broken
> syslinux 3.08-pre2 — broken
> syslinux 3.08-pre3 — broken
> syslinux 3.08-pre4 — broken
> syslinux 3.08-pre5 — broken
> syslinux 3.08-pre6 — broken
> syslinux 3.08-pre7 — broken
> syslinux 3.08-pre8 — broken
> syslinux 3.08-pre9 — broken
> syslinux 3.08-pre10 — broken
> syslinux 3.08-pre11 — works
>
> syslinux 3.08 — works
>
> syslinux 3.09-pre1 — works
> syslinux 3.09-pre2 — broken (repeatedly enters
> pxeboot*)
>
> syslinux 3.09 — broken (repeatedly enters pxeboot)
>
> syslinux 3.10-pre1 — broken
> syslinux 3.10-pre2 — broken (repeatedly enters
> pxeboot)
> syslinux 3.10-pre3 — broken (repeatedly enters
> pxeboot)
> syslinux 3.10-pre4 — broken (repeatedly enters
> pxeboot)
> syslinux 3.10-pre5 — broken (repeatedly enters
> pxeboot)
> syslinux 3.10-pre6 — broken (repeatedly enters
> pxeboot)
> syslinux 3.10-pre7 — broken (repeatedly enters
> pxeboot)
> syslinux 3.10-pre8 — broken (repeatedly enters
> pxeboot)
> syslinux 3.10-pre9 — broken (repeatedly enters
> pxeboot)
> syslinux 3.10-pre10 — broken (repeatedly enters
> pxeboot)
> syslinux 3.10-pre11 — broken (repeatedly enters
> pxeboot)
> syslinux 3.10-pre12 — broken (doesn't prompt and
> repeatedly enters pxeboot)
> syslinux 3.10-pre13 — broken (repeatedly enters
> pxeboot)
> syslinux 3.10-pre14 — works
> syslinux 3.10-pre15 — works
> syslinux 3.10-pre16 — works
> syslinux 3.10-pre17 — works
> syslinux 3.10-pre18 — works
> syslinux 3.10-pre19 — works
> syslinux 3.10-pre20 — works
> syslinux 3.10-pre21 — works
>
> syslinux 3.10 — works
>

> syslinux 3.11-pre10 — works
>
> * Tell pxelinux to boot from localdisk and it goes
> through the whole
> process
> again... tftp's pxelinux.0, etc repeatedly and
> continuously
>

> This is what the pxelinux.cfg/default config file

=== message truncated ===>