[syslinux] One image as A: and another as B:

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Sun Sep 18 15:59:03 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 08:54 +0200, Harald_Jensas at dell.com wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> Is it possible to load two floppy images into memory using MEMDISK?
>  Essentially I want to be able to config something like this:
>
>  LABEL ASR-SRV1
> 	KERNEL MEMDISK
> 	APPEND raw floppy=0 initrd=img1.img AND floppy=1 initrd=img2.img
>
> Is something like this possible in current SYSLINUX/ISOLINUX?
> Is it possible at all?

Yes. Make an image, lets call it "A:" as a floppy image. Make another
image, lets call it "B:". Take the B: image and copy it into the A:
image and install syslinux+memdisk on A: so that it loads the B: image.

Now, you can pxe boot, isolinux boot, or syslinux boot the A: image. It
will then chainload the booloader on A:, which as already described, is
a syslinux+memdisk for B:. Then this syslinux instance chainloads the
image on B:, which needs some sort of OS on it.
--
Michael