[syslinux] standalone bootable usb-stick

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Tue Sep 20 09:36:01 PDT 2005

Alvin Oga schreef:

>	- it fails with syslinux
>
>- i suspect i'm missing a line in /linuxrc that is required by syslinux

No idea, but Syslinux (ldlinux.asm/sys) does not support (sub)directories.
As it's a Linux on USB Flash drive anyway, consider changing to
ExtLinux, a derived version of Syslinux but available in the same package
(just like PXElinux and ISOlinux). That would also mean changing
filesystem on the USB drive from FAT to EXT2.

All files references by syslinux have to be in root directory, by the way.
(well, at least kernel, probably also initrd)

Good luck with your project :)

if anyone corrects my thoughts..I hardly have any Linux knowledge, so
spare me :)

Bernd