[syslinux] building initrd.img with updated drivers

Warren Harris syslinux.5.warren at recursor.net
Tue Sep 20 11:39:00 PDT 2005

Can someone point me to instructions on how to build a
pxeboot/initrd.img with updated drivers. I would like to pxe boot and
install rh8 on a newer machine, and the pxeboot files that come with rh8
(2.4.20-8) don't support my e1000 NIC. I believe that the newer
2.4.20-28.8 drivers will, but I'm having trouble finding instructions in
rebuilding the pxeboot initrd.img + vmlinuz to include them. Thanks,

Warren