[syslinux] Proper way to boot memtest86

Gustavo Guillermo Pérez gustavo at compunauta.com
Tue Sep 20 11:43:11 PDT 2005

Hello list, any try the new memtest86 v3.2 with isolinux 3.11 cd and pxeboot?
How is the proper way to chainload memtest86

I was tried:
label memtest
kernel memtest.bin

but, nothing happens just a weird hang (my older versions of memtest hangs
too). Anyway chainloading in a floppy image with memdisk on CD or pxeboot was
fine but if I use memory to emulate a floppy I was not using this memory to
be tested.

May be is not the way, but on my old disks memtest was using just a label and
kernel otion for te binary image, and I just replace the old memtest with the
new one to use the image on pxeboot and my rescue CDs.

Any try?

:)
--
Gustavo Guillermo Pérez