[syslinux] pxelinux on a cdrom - possible?

Cristi Mitrana cristi.mitrana at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 05:10:49 PDT 2005

On 9/21/05, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:
> I'm using PXE booting to make operating system installations.
>
> There is one problem with it - it won't work when BIOS or NIC doesn't
> support network booting.
>
> Is it possible to put pxelinux somehow on a CD or on a floppy?

This won't help you to netboot a PC without a PXE enabled NIC/BIOS, pxelinux
takes over after the netboot starts and loads it from network.
 What you are looking for is Etherboot, see www.etherboot.org and
 www.rom-o-matic.org

 .. now that I think of it, you could use the ethersel with syslinux
with etherboot,
mr. Heinz was kind enough to provide us with
http://etherboot.anadex.de/ and the
wonderfull PXE-O-MATIC image :) than can netboot without PXE/BIOS support.

hth,
mitu