[syslinux] chainloading diferent syslinux with diferent homes

Gustavo Guillermo Pérez gustavo at compunauta.com
Wed Sep 21 10:41:54 PDT 2005

Hello list, I was doing experiments since the .bin extension of memtest, that
is supposed to be used for cdrom-bootsectors, I guess can I chainload another
cd-rom tools, I use to extract this kind of data with cdfs driver for linux,
bootsectors and eltorito boot images, trying I got similar errors invalid
kernel image or a hang..
There is my question:
If I build a version of syslinux to have the home and config folder on /boot/
or other small place, can I chainload from this syslinux to another builded
to be on /isolinux/ from one distribution or on other place
like /boot/loader/

Due to .bin extension is only for cd-bootsectors, for isolinux would be?
label cdextras
kernel /isolinux/isolinux

I guess the memory area for the current syslinux should be overlaped by the
new one cause all of them should be excecuted at the same position, then I
need to write some code to substitute the 1st one right?

:-|

--
Gustavo Guillermo Pérez
Compunauta uLinux