[syslinux] File size and graphics from com32 modules (unrelated)

Rémi Lefèvre rlefevre at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 11:41:47 PDT 2005

Hi,

    I'm working on a com32 module in which I need to get some file size.
The only way I found was to include the "lib/sys/file.h" header file and get the
i.length field from the file_info structure (once a file descriptor is open).

I understand that this structure is internal to the Com32 file I/O
implementation and should
not be accessed from com32 modules. So is there a cleaner way to get
this information ?
(perhaps is a subset of stat planned ?)

   What are the possibilities for using graphics inside a com32 module ?
I mean, how could I load some graphic background and/or bitmaps
(beside the DISPLAY option) from a com32 module ?

Related to this, what is the aim of including libpng in com32 libs ?
Is there a way
(or planned way) to use png graphics on the display ?

klibc and the libs are really great additions to syslinux, thanks for that.

Best regards,
R. Lefevre