[syslinux] Smart Boot Manager question

Vijaya Poudyal vjktm at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 09:17:55 PDT 2005

Hi:
Thank you very much for creating this very useful program.

I downloaded the DOS version because there was a suggestion in th isolinux website.

I was not able to detect the cd-rom on my pentium II computer with Award BIOS 4.51 v 1.10.

I tried to set the IDE i/o address but I am not sure where to get the i/o address information.

I used the i/o address in the Win98 device manager IDE controller properties window.  Is that the correct address.  I did ctrl-I to rescan drives without success.

My main objective is to boot linux from cd-rom.  isolinux gives disk error, 80 with AX=4240.

Any suggestion would be very helpful

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Vijaya Poudyal