[syslinux] tftp-hpa execution

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Sep 26 18:32:49 PDT 2005

Okay, I have come to agree that tftp-hpa needs some kind of execution
support.  The two alternatives which have been proposed in the past is a
flag in the regex map to run a program and deliver its output, and the
other one is a flag in the regex map to serve as an HTTP proxy (get a
file via HTTP and deliver via TFTP.)

At the moment, I'm thinking the HTTP proxy might be the best solution;
for one thing, it's more compatible with running in a chroot.  However,
I would really like to hear people's opinions.