[syslinux] standalone bootable usb-stick

Alvin Oga aoga at mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Tue Sep 27 04:45:06 PDT 2005

hi ya kent

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Kent Robotti wrote:

> That's the way I did it and it worked, but maybe you're trying
> to do something else.

the point that i was making and still making ...

a) the same initrd.gz and rootf.gs works on lilo and grub
   but fails on syslinux

b) so i conculde there is nothing wrong witninitrd.gz or rootfs.gs
   or /linuxrc

i was hoping somebody knows some special commands or dquesence of
commands or options that is sometimes overlooked

	pivot_root
	mount/unmount sequences of /proc
	.. etc ..

> ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/loop-root-fs.txt

that site if passwd protected

but i d/l the file anyway ..and its just a generic howto
and i didnt see any special commands i missed while doing the
same with my stuff

c ya
alvin