[syslinux] Unknown keyword in config file - size problem?

Daniel Lindgren daniel.lindgren at sverige.nu
Tue Sep 27 07:28:45 PDT 2005

Hello!

I have a config file for PXELINUX that is (currently) 9350 bytes long. If
I boot with it I get "Unknown keyword in config file", but the menu is
loaded and I think that all options work.

If I remove 50 lines from the bottom of the config file, the error goes
away. If I remove 50 lines from the top of the file, the error goes away.
My conclusion is that there isn't any errors in the file, the problem has
to be related to the size of the file.

Some stats for the file:

% wc -l default
       333 default
% grep -i ^label default | wc -l
        63
% grep -i ^# default | wc -l
        56
% wc -c default
      9350 default

I'm using pxelinux.0 from SYSLINUX 3.11.

Any ideas?