[syslinux] PXELINUX - "Real" local boot

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Fri Sep 30 14:57:12 PDT 2005

Hi...

I was wondering (I do not have the sources at hand now, but I know it
should not be too difficult to add) whether it is possible for
PXELINUX to do a "real" local boot - that is - load the right MBR/boot
sector itself from disk and run it, instead of just exiting from the
PXE boot (failing boot), which normally will cause the BIOS to choose
the next boot device, but is not always the same as a local disk boot.

  Cheers,
  -- Tom

--
  Tom Alsberg - hacker (being the best description fitting this space)
  Web page:	http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/