[syslinux] using syslinux on USB key with 2048-byte sectors

Scott Barker Scott_Barker at mtechit.com
Mon Apr 3 15:12:19 PDT 2006

I have a USB key that has 2048-byte sectors, and I was hoping to use
syslinux to boot from it. I know this isn't possible with the current
syslinux source, but would it be fairly easy to modify the source to use
2048-byte sectors instead of 512-byte sectors? Alternatively, does anyone
know if USB keys can be low-level formatted to change the size of the
sectors?

--
Scott Barker                                    Scott_Barker at mtechIT.com
Manager, Infrastructure                         403-233-0740 x248

  Sign-up for M-Tech's spring training sessions:
      P-Synch: April 17-21; ID-Synch: April 24-28
  To register, please visit: http://mtechIT.com/education/

 privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
 email by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
 recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or
 omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.