[syslinux] PXE and Hard Drive Test Programms

Erwan Velu erwan at seanodes.com
Fri Aug 11 03:07:18 PDT 2006

Morbid Angel wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I have problems to boot with memdisk and pxe the hard drive tests from
>seagate, hitachi, western digital... does has someone done it and can
>sym me how? (maxtor works perfectly)

I remeber I did it a while without such troubles. What's your problems
you're talking about ?
Could you show us the tools you are using and the associated configuration ?

Now for my side I use smartlinux.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=119642

This program is generic, bootloadable using this pxe configuration but
off course doesn't implement the proprietary smart call of the hardware
vendors.

label smart
    KERNEL smart-0.4.dsk
    APPEND initrd=smart-0.4.dsk root=/dev/ram

I know, the configuration looks like odd, but the boot process of this
tools is very special. It includes in the same file the kernel and the
initrd. But it works ;)

Erwan,