[syslinux] Howto create a password for complex menus

Bollhalder, Andreas Andreas.Bollhalder at optimo-service.com
Tue Aug 15 04:39:27 PDT 2006

Hello

I tried to make my own password hashes for the complex menu. For this, I
searched the SYSLINUX sources and the web and couldn't find any howto
about that. The only information was in the "password" file (max. 40Byte
with DES encryption). Unfortunatly, this was too few for me.

Can you please add to the documentation, that the hashes can be created
with OpenSSL ?

# openssl passwd <password>

I was hunting this for over an hour and I can imagine, that lots of
other people did the same or wasn't been able to do it.

Thank you for this product, I appreciate it a lot.

Sincerly

Andreas

--
Diese Nachricht wurde auf Viren und andere gefährliche Inhalte untersucht
und ist sauber.