[syslinux] PXE and Hard Drive Test Programms

Erwan Velu erwan at seanodes.com
Tue Aug 15 07:03:51 PDT 2006

Morbid Angel wrote:

> Erwan Velu schrieb:
>
>> Could you please provides your bootimage to help us reproduct this
>> error ?
>>
> sure
>
> http://mangel.homeftp.org/wd.img
> http://mangel.homeftp.org/seagate.img
>
> mfg

WD image works perfectly using the "raw" option.
label wd
    kernel memdisk
    APPEND initrd=images/wd.img raw

For the seagate image, this is not possible to boot it because this is
not a floppy/harddisk image.
[root at konilope images]# file seagate.img
seagate.img: ISO 9660 CD-ROM filesystem data
'SEAGATE                        ' (bootable)
[root at konilope images]#

Mouting this image shows me a "BOOTIMG.BIN" which is bootable.
I've been renaming it to seagate.img and boot it using :

label seagate
        kernel memdisk
        APPEND initrd=images/seagate.img

PS:I'm using syslinux 3.20-pre11