[syslinux] PXE and Hard Drive Test Programms

Erwan Velu erwan at seanodes.com
Wed Aug 16 05:24:09 PDT 2006

Morbid Angel wrote:

>ok it works with your image now...
>
>but wd image still doesnt work HERE! but on a other pc it works :/ the
>same memdisk, the same menu cfg file... I dont understand it

I've been already saw that on some PCs. This is usually related to
- a bad memory (please check this memtest that everything is ok)
- a broken PXE ROM
- a broken BIOS

If you own a builtin ethernet adapter you just have to update to the
latest bios.
If you own an addon pci network adapter, please update the PXE ROM and
also sometimes the bios.
i.e on some systems, I saw the sata rom overrided by a pxe rom while
booting up using pxe.

For the 3com 3c59x you can use
ftp://ftp.3com.com/pub/nic/3c90x/util430.exe

For most of Intel's gigabit adapters:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=988&DwnldID=5651&strOSs=All&OSFullName=All%20Operating%20Systems&lang=eng

For most of Intel's fast-ethernet adapters:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=993&DwnldID=6379&strOSs=All&OSFullName=All%20Operating%20Systems&lang=eng