[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.20-pre12 released

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Aug 17 14:43:20 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I have just pushed out SYSLINUX 3.20-pre12.  This version fixes a
long-standing stack overflow bug which kicks in after exiting from a
COMBOOT or COM32 program too many times; this happens easily when using
nested menus in the simple menu system.

At this point I consider the feature set of 3.20 closed.  I want to try
to find the regression in ISOLINUX if at all possible before release,
and figure out a problem with booting NetBSD using mboot.c32, but I
don't guarantee either.

If you know of any other showstopper bugs that I'm forgetting, please
speak up now.