[syslinux] Gigabyte recent bios & syslinux extlinux trow USB-IDE bridges or pendrives

Gustavo Guillermo Pérez gustavo at compunauta.com
Tue Aug 22 11:32:47 PDT 2006

To feedback stuff [period end of story] No more Gigabytes on my lab:

Well, There is no problem with hardware, is just the bios code, if you
downgrade BIOS it works, if you upgrade to recent ones doesn't.
The other customers that try to boot trow USB-HDD may be didn't know there
exist feedback, and may be buy another brand of M.B. without asking support,
or replace the code with a CD-CARD.
In fact the problem can be fixed easy, just buying compatible M.B. and testing
with dealers before to go for many ones. And of course this problem does
affect more to you than me.

I am not awaiting response.

:(

--