[syslinux] How can I make sure some modules are loaded via the file in /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg file

Ricardo.Gonzalez at shell.com Ricardo.Gonzalez at shell.com
Wed Aug 23 15:18:29 PDT 2006

# cat <hex-number>
DEFAULT ks
PROMPT 0
LABEL ks
        KERNEL vmlinuz
        APPEND ksdevice=eth0 network ramdisk_size=16384 initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount noapic ks=nfs:<IP-ADDRESS>:/tftpboot/ks.<INSTALL_CLIENT>

I have the ahci related modules in my initrd.img file/image, but they are not loading and I am getting a panic because the server can not find any disks.

How can I via the "0A34F101" file above or via changes to the initrd.img image make sure that the AHCI related drivers get loaded (ahci, scsi_mod, libata

Ricardo J. Gonzalez