[syslinux] How to enable F12 key to start PXE boot?

Gustavo Guillermo Pérez gustavo at compunauta.com
Thu Aug 24 13:54:03 PDT 2006

El Martes, 22 de Agosto de 2006 09:53, Greg_Chu at wendys.com escribió:
> I want my end users press F12 to start the PXE boot, at other times just
> boot from hard drive.
Add in your pxelinux.conf a clause like this at the top of the default file:

default hard

and somewhere in the labels:

label hard
  localboot 0
  append SLX=0x202

at the bottom of the default file:
timeout         200

Then by default it exit PXE code and boot onto your next BIOS device, but if
you quickly promt something, goes into your desired option or if you HIT
ENTER goes more faster into next BIOS booting device. I have this config file
since a lot, I can't remember if timeout on pxe is ok.

I use to make nice ascii art message files with colors, if you search the
list, you can see some editors to put your own pretty text messages, for
going into PXE options instead of timeout.

:)
--
Gustavo Guillermo Pérez
Compunauta uLinux