[syslinux] What method can I use to configure PXE client(msdos) output console from serial port?

Jianfeng Yu yu.jianfeng at ccpu.com
Tue Aug 29 20:23:39 PDT 2006

Hi,

    How are you!

I built a PXE server of MSDOS in Linux server, client can boot from network and login MSDOS, but by default, the output console is VGA,

My target client has not VGA port, it can only output from serial port, so could you help to tell me how to boot a MSDOS client from network and keep the PXE client output console is serial port ?

 Below is the PXE configure file’s content:

Vi /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default

Kernel memdisk

Append initrd=dos.img

Note: dos.img is a DOS bootable disk image, ( dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/dos.img )

Thanks

余剑峰 Jianfeng Yu

中通思普科技有限公司

中国广东省深圳市南山区科技园高新南一道TCL大厦A座六层 518057

Continuous Computing China

Block A, 6 F, TCL Building, Gao Xin Nan Yi Dao, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, P.R.China 518057

Tel: +86.755.2663.0888 ext. 6928

Fax: +86.755.2663.0822

Mobile: +86.13632801696

Email: yu.jianfeng at ccpu.com <file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\yujf\Application%20Data\Microsoft\Signatures\yu.jianfeng@ccpu.com>     Websit: www.ccpu.com/cn <file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\yujf\Application%20Data\Microsoft\Signatures\www.ccpu.com\cn>