[syslinux] Time out would not boot from local drive

Greg_Chu at Wendys.com Greg_Chu at Wendys.com
Wed Aug 30 08:32:30 PDT 2006

Peter,

I tried it and still does not work.

I used

ONTIMEOUT local

LABEL local
              MENU LABEL LOCAL BOOT
              LOCALBOOT 0

then does not matter I use LOCALBOOT 0 or like another posting suggested
.localboot -1
none works.

Also, what does the TIMEOUTROW mean?
If I want to compile the C program what do you use to get menu.c32
extension? I have MS Visual C++ or what do you use? I may be able to debug
the program, what kind of command do you use to get out the PXE so it will
boot from local hard drive? I think it is in the source code, I just need
to know how to compile it to .32 extension

Thanks.

Greg

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com>
08/29/2006 07:22 PM

Greg_Chu at wendys.com
cc
syslinux at zytor.com
Subject
Re: [syslinux] Time out would not boot from local drive

Greg_Chu at Wendys.com wrote:
> Hi, please help me to figure out why it does not boot from local drive,
> said below ontimeout do localboot 0?
> Thanks.

It needs to point to a label; try "ONTIMEOUT localboot" (the label name
is case sensitive!)