[syslinux] H. Peter Anvin visiting FOSDEM 2007

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Dec 20 17:34:17 PST 2006

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> > Geert Stappers wrote:
> >> "Someday" like in "When hell freezes is over" ???
> >>
> >> But more serious: Will HPA visit FOSDEM 2007 ?
> >
> > Thanks for the reminder.  I'm poking the FOSDEM people again to see if
> > they're interested and what they need.
>
> They just replied:
>
> > I'm sorry to tell you this, but the subject doesn't fit into the empty
> > slots in the different tracks.
> >
> > I hope we'll see you at the conference as a visitor.
>
> Needless to say, I won't be there.

Actually, the topics per track where decided start of november and your
application was received beginning of december. At that time they had
already filled in most of the tracks with topics except a few tracks where
syslinux didn't fit.

Also, FOSDEM is in essence an invite-only event. Which means that you have
to be in the heads of those that decide before they decide (sad but true).
So in a lot of cases the bleeding-edge or marketed technologies are high
on the list and the topics are as good as the interests of those that
decide.

Only when there are empty slots they look for outside help.

Anyway let's hope you're on the list for next year and let's contact the
organisation well in advance :)

Kind regards,