[syslinux] ghost 8.x and newer

sandin deiloohay at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 22 09:01:38 PST 2006

I actually set up a 10MB hard drive image, and threw ghost and a bunch of little utilities on it.  Ever hear of heiron's boot cd?  Its good some really fun goodies on there.  I just copied a few to the hard drive image so I could deploy it via PXE.  If you are interested in doing something like this, let me know, I can send links to the places I found helpful instructions!

jbuburuz at sce.carleton.ca wrote:  Hi all,

I love syslinux!! It works great.

Problem. GHost 8.x and higher... With ghost 7.5 and earlier I was able to
boot floppy images from my tftp server.

But as you all know Ghost 8.x and higher had a bloated ghost.exe that does
not fit on a single 1.44mb floopy image file.

Has any one had any luck in getting ghost 8.x and higher to work with
syslinux and memdisk? I have tried to create over size floppys, but I have
never had a success bootable image from these over sized images.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks,

jb

Unsubscribe or set options at: