[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.32-pre7 release candidate

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Fri Dec 29 18:51:08 PST 2006

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> I'm going to promote SYSLINUX 3.32-pre7 to release candidate unless
> someone objects, with the intent of releasing 3.32 immediately after
> Christmas.  Please let me know if there are problems that should make me
> *not* do so, even if you have previously reported them.

Testing both pxelinux with 3.31 and 3.32-pre8 on a Dell PowerEdge 1800,
I notice that if I have:

DISPLAY menu/benhead.msg
DEFAULT syslinux/menu.c32
SAY Enter destruct sequence now, or press <Enter> for a simple menu.
LABEL cpuid
        MENU LABEL Identify ^Processor
        KERNEL syslinux/cpuidtest.c32
LABEL pxelinux.0
        MENU LABEL Return To ^Splash Screen
        MENU DEFAULT

And in menu/benhead.msg:
    ^Xmenu/benhead.rle

And if I select the cpuidtest option from the menu, the output is not
visible. However, if I remove the leading ^X from benhead.msg above, it
will be visible.

Also, possibly related, I've observed that the color of the SAY text
above is always "borrowed" from the palette of the rle image right above
it on the screen.

Lastly, with vesamenu.c32, I *never* see the output of cpuidtest.

../C