[syslinux] Booting UDF?

iSteve isteve at rulez.cz
Fri Feb 3 02:24:54 PST 2006

Greetings,
I wonder whether there are any plans to build udflinux or the likes.
I've searched through the mailing list, finding out that should I create
a mixed ISO9660/UDF filesystem.

Unfortunately, that is not an option if I want to use a significant
feature of UDF filesystem, which is writing. Making a mixed ISO9660/UDF,
using mkisofs -udf, will (to my best knowledge) not allow me to perform
any writing. Creating the UDF filesystem using mkudffs does, however, it
doesn't keep the ISO9660 part, therefore I can no longer boot it.

I wonder what should I do? With mkisofs, I cannot write; with mkudffs, I
apparently cannot boot. Or is there a way out?

Thanks in advance
  -- iSteve