[syslinux] Isolinux bug: CD bootsector support broken

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Tue Feb 7 14:41:05 PST 2006

HPA,
	I believe that support to boot windows CD bootsectors was broken
in 3.05. I have tested 2.13, 3.00, 3.02, 3.05, 3.06, 3.08, 3.11, and
3.20pre6. All versions >= 3.05 are broken. All versions <= 3.02 work
fine with the same config. The error message I get is:

IOSLINUX 3.20 3.20-pre6   Copyright (C) 1994-2005 H. Peter Anvin
boot:
.

ISOLINUX 3.20 3.20-pre6 isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry...

Boot failed: press a key to retry...
problems, but did not see anything similar.

	The CD is laid out like below. I have tried both longhorn and
w2003 CD bootsectors. The results are the same.

	I would be willing to try any betas to fix this, but it should
be easily reproducable. You can download the wxp10.zip from the BartPE
website to get the boot sector.

Thanks,
Michael Brown

[michael_e_brown at radon isolinuxpe]$ find .
.
./BOOTMGR
./BOOT.INI
./isolinux
./isolinux/isolinux.cfg
./isolinux/isolinux.bin
./isolinux/lhpe32.bin		<--- longhorn CD bootsector
./build-cd.sh
./BOOT
./BOOT/BOOT.SDI
./BOOT/BOOT.WIM

[michael_e_brown at radon isolinuxpe]$ cat isolinux/isolinux.cfg
default winpe

label winpe
  kernel lhpe32.bin

default winpe