[syslinux] Simple menu system: allow tweaking of the screen layout

Peter.Leenders at computacenter.com Peter.Leenders at computacenter.com
Tue Feb 7 08:42:29 PST 2006

Hello everyone,

in then changelog of Syslinux 3.11 is mentioned:
    Simple menu system: allow tweaking of the screen layout

Does this mean that there is an option to display more than 12 lines a
time (if the PC support Vesa-Modi > 640x480).

I know it is possible to use more that 12 menu lines, but you have to
scroll. On our PxeMenu  the simple menu will only use the 16 of 26 lines
on the screen.

It would be fantastic if there are extra options that will tweak the
number of lines that the simple menu show at at time, and/or a option that
will set vga mode or font. A short description of this parameters will be
appreciated.

Using the complex menu is no option to us, because of frequent changes in
the menu system. The complex menu will not read a configfile - as far as I
know - but have to be generated each time. These menu changes are in
responsibility of windows users,  so generating a new menu will not be
easy for them.

Yours sincerely

Peter Leenders