[syslinux] Isolinux bug: CD bootsector support broken

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Wed Feb 8 09:14:38 PST 2006

Ok. Typing manually, so any typos are mine. Looks like it is
trying to reload itself rather than loading the bootsector.

ISOLINUX 3.20 3.20-pre6  Copyright (C) 1994-2005 H. Peter Anvin
isolinux: Starting up, DL = 82
isolinux: Loaded spec packet OK, drive = 82
isolinux: Loading main image from LBA = 00000022
isolinux: Sectors to load = 0005
isolinux: Loaded boot image, verifying...
isolinux: Main image read, jumping to main code...
isolinux: Root directory at LBA = 00000019
isolinux: isolinux directory at LBA = 0000001E
isolinux: About to load config file...
isolinux: Configuration file opened...
boot:
.

ISOLINUX 3.20 3.20-pre6  Copyright (C) 1994-2005 H. Peter Anvin
isolinux: Starting up, DL = 82
isolinux: Loaded spec packet OK, drive = 82
isolinux: Loading main image from LBA = 00000022
isolinux: Sectors to load = 0005
isolinux: Loaded boot image, verifying...
isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry...

Boot failed: press a key to retry...

Random additional comment:
	I would have thought that you could use this feature to
chainload isolinux from isolinux, but after trying this, it doesn't
work. The new version fails. (I thought it might save time to burn
an image with 3.02 and have chainload menus for every intermediate
version to check, rather than having to reburn my cdrw with every
new version.

--
Michael