[syslinux] Freedos mount/boot Linux ISO's

Phillip Kalm encephalon1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 06:32:54 PST 2006

Hello:

 I read the archive  posting for September 2005, http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2005-September/005809.html,  where you stated that you have a freedos diskette that allows you to download  and run an iso like it was a cd in a drive.  I am in need of the ability to have  a freedos bootable cd that contains other Linux ISO's that I could mount and  boot to.  In your experience with freedos is this possible?  I have not found  good instructions on making a bootable iso that would be able to mount a Linux  iso and then boot to it.  Could you give me any directions or assistance with  this?  Even if there is a resource that you could point me to would be great.  I  have read the freedos site and I think this is possible but have not found any  good tutorials.  I have worked with dos and Linux but I am very unfamiliar with  freedos.

 Phil