[syslinux] EXTLinux freezing up

Nazo nazosan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 19:25:16 PST 2006

On 2/15/06, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> Nazo wrote:
> >
> > Wow, thanks for the super-fast response.  It says:
> >
> > EXTLINUX 3.11 2005-09-02 EBIOS Copyright (C) 1994-2005 H. Peter Anvin
> >
> > I might add that I placed a SAY statement in the extlinux.conf file
> > and it doesn't show that.  Not really a surprise though I suppose.
> > I'd imagine if it could get that far it should be ok going further.
>
> Could you try a downrev or -pre rev to see if it changes behaviour at all?
>
> The above is curious, because it means extlinux successfully finished
>
>         -hpa

I'm not quite clear what you mean by a down rev.  I have also tried
3.20-pre6.  I haven't had time to go through and test a bunch of
different versions (it's a real pain to test that system since to
replace one version with another, I have to reboot to Finnix, which is
fast, but, still takes a pretty good while in that old optical drive
and I still haven't figured out why my flashdrive won't boot.)  I
don't recall precicely what it said, but, it was the same sort of line
showing version info, copyright, etc.

Is there any specific version I should try, or do I just have to do
what I was afraid of and just test them all until I find one?