[syslinux] [tftp-hpa] [BUG] Bad src address on replies from aliased interfaces

Simon Vallet svallet at genoscope.cns.fr
Thu Feb 16 03:17:23 PST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:42:32 -0800
"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:

> Simon Vallet wrote:
> > The server is
> > reachable using the alias, but replies using the primary IP of the
> > interface, which provokes a timeout on the client.
> >
> > Is there a bugzilla out there to report this ?
> >

> No, there is not.  What version of tftp-hpa are you running, and could
> you provide an strace of the session where this happens?
>
> tftp-hpa *is* supposed to report back using the same IP number that it
> received, so something is screwed up.

we're running 0.40 on Tru64 5.1A -- I looked in the changelog to see
if 0.41 would solve the problem, but it appears there is no 0.41
changelog ;-) -- I will try it, though

truss output is attached, stopped after client timeout -- tftp was
launched manually with the following opts :
# in.tftpd -u root -l -r blksize /var/tftpboot

a short tcpdump output is also attached, which suggests tftpd does not
bind to the alias (as the client gets ICMP unreachables).

Simon