[syslinux] What do you which you new about pxelinux?

Scott Mewett smewett at rackable.com
Fri Feb 17 14:51:48 PST 2006

Hi All,

I am going to be presenting a 45 minute session at Linux World in
April on how to use PXELinux to provision linux systems, among other
things.

This probably isn't of value to most on the list, as it is geared
towards giving new users a jumpstart on what's needed so that they
can get up and going quickly along with some practical suggestions
and tips.

I'll be covering of course pxelinux, it's config files, menu's,
ipappend,  booting linux, booting dos with memdisk etc.
As well as other considerations, i.e. tftp, dhcp, etc.

So the reason for this mail though, is to see what people wished you
had known about pxelinux to start with, what would that be? This
could be either a caveat, or even better,  a wicked cool feature that
may not be obvious to someone just getting started.

Thanks
Scott