[syslinux] ONTIMEOUT LOCALBOOT -1 and menu.c32 -

Nazo nazosan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 01:28:17 PST 2006

On 1/5/06, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> Harald_Jensas at Dell.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thank you for the replies and discussion regarding booting local harddrive.
> >
> > LOCALBOOT -1 seems to work fine for me.
> >

> >  The problem is:
> >       This:
> >               ontimeout local
> >
> > Does not do the same as selecting the local or "Boot from harddrive" on the menu and pressing ENTER.
> >
> > Is not ontimeout supposed to automatically select the label specified and do the same thing as selecting and pressing enter?
> >

> It should.  Clearly something is wrong.
>
>         -hpa

Just checking, a while back I had a problem with the ontimeout and you
said it wasn't correctly working with lables and that one had to
manually specify the command line (eg kernel followed by append) for
the ontimeout statement.  I haven't been digging through changelogs
(and, honestly, I'm not even sure where they are if there are any) so
I wonder if that's been fixed yet?  I know it was kind of a low
priority since it still would work if you manually provided the entire
command line instead of a label name.  Personally, I've been too lazy
to really test and just assumed it wasn't fixed since it's not really
that much more work to copy and paste the command line into the
ontimeout statement and I rarely change my default bootup (which
usually consists simply of just a chainload of the next partition, so
copy and paste is almost more work than typing it out again.)