[syslinux] ONTIMEOUT LOCALBOOT -1 and menu.c32 -

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Thu Jan 5 05:13:43 PST 2006

 Forgot to CC the mailing list. Sorry.

Hi,

Yes, somthing is wrong. :)
And it is menu.c32 that cause the problem.

If I let menu.c32 laod and count down, it fails. Just reloads the menu and starts a new countdown.
If I ESC from the menu to get a prompt and wait until timout it works.
If I press TAB and it lists ".localboot -1" and press ENTER it works.
If I do not load menu.c32 it also work.
If I change "ontimeout" to point to a lable that should load the linux from CD and I get the same result.

It is only the combination "ontimeout", "PROMPT 0" and "menu.c32" loaded that fails.

I can imagine menu.c32 has it's own timout code? And possibly eaven it's own ontimeout code?
I can imagine the problem will be there, and how menu.c32 sends commands back to ISILINUX?

I use ISOLINUX 3.11 and the menu.c32 from the syslinux-3.11 package from kernel.org.

I also tried with ISOLINUX.BIN and menu.c32 from the syslinux-3.20-pre3 from kernel.org and I get the same problem.

Is there any way I can help give more information?

Best Regards
Harald Jensås