[syslinux] menu.c32 recycling?

Pierzycki, Chris (GE Healthcare, consultant) Chris.Pierzycki at ge.com
Tue Jan 17 15:37:54 PST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to use menu.c32 with RHEL 4.2.  Everything seems to work
fine until menu.c32 loads.  Just half a second before the menu draws I
see a set of error messages like so:

Unknown keyword in config file.

Unknown keyword in config file.

Missing parameter in config file.

Unknown keyword in config file.

Unknown keyword in config file.

Unknown keyword in config file.

The actual problem I am experiencing with the menu is that every time I
select an option (which appears just fine) it seems to recycle the menu.
Looks like the KERNEL and APPEND options in the config file are being
ignored.  I used a working isolinux.cfg file, so this should work.

Someone back in September mentioned the same problem but without
resolution.  Here is my isolinux.cfg file:

default menu.c32

prompt 0

MENU TITLE LINUX PACS INSTALLATIOU

ALLOWOPTIONS 0

LABEL enterprise-aaa

        MENU LABEL Enterprise AAA

        KERNEL vmlinuz

        APPEND initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=9216
ks=cdrom:/kickstarts/enterprise-aaa.cfg

LABEL enterprise-aaa-ax100

        MENU LABEL Enterprise AAA/IV AX100

        KERNEL vmlinuz

        APPEND initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=9216
ks=cdrom:/kickstarts/enterprise-aaa-ax100.cfg

LABEL enterprise-aaa-cx700

        MENU LABEL Enterprise AAA/IV CX700

        KERNEL vmlinuz

        APPEND initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=9216
ks=cdrom:/kickstarts/enterprise-aaa-cx700.cfg

LABEL enterprise-aaa-san

        MENU LABEL Enterprise AAA/IV SAN

        KERNEL vmlinuz

        APPEND initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=9216
ks=cdrom:/kickstarts/enterprise-aaa-san.cfg

LABEL enterprise-xldb

        MENU LABEL Enterprise XL

        KERNEL vmlinuz

        APPEND initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=9216
ks=cdrom:/kickstarts/enterprise-xldb.cfg

LABEL enterprise-xxldb

        MENU LABEL Enterprise XXL

        KERNEL vmlinuz

        APPEND initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=9216
ks=cdrom:/kickstarts/enterprise-xxldb.cfg

LABEL local

        MENU LABEL Exit Installation

        LOCALBOOT 0

I looked at the source code but I am rusty on C and I don't see anything
wrong.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks,