[syslinux] PXE-on-a-disk

Josh Lehan jlehan at scyld.com
Fri Jan 20 13:45:13 PST 2006

Geert Stappers wrote:
> The floppy image works fine!
>
> Most likely is a rotten floppy that I tried.
> I made new floppies and checked them in the "classroom"
> The "class" is a Linux course I give, it is once a month.
> (that is way it took so long to verify on the "previous fail computer")
>
> Thanks for the nice Universal Network Boot floppy/CD-ROM

You're welcome!

BTW, when "burning" a floppy, I like to read the data back to compare,
something like this (assuming you've padded your data to the standard
size of 1474560 bytes):

dd if=mydata of=/dev/fd0 bs=1024 count=1440
sync
/sbin/blockdev --flushbufs /dev/fd0
dd if=/dev/fd0 of=testdata bs=1024 count=1440
cmp mydata testdata

Josh Lehan
jlehan at scyld.com