[syslinux] PXEboot large image creation

Serge de Souza serge at cs.curtin.edu.au
Thu Jan 26 18:20:22 PST 2006

Cristi Mitrana wrote:
> On 1/24/06, Serge de Souza <serge at cs.curtin.edu.au> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am trying to create an image that is larger than 1.44MB to be used
>>with PXE boot (Ghost 8 requires 2 floppys). My current attempts result
>>in the boot hanging at :
>
> [...]
> You could use mkdiskimage from the syselinux package or get a 'big'
> ODIN FreeDOS disk
> (from http://tinyurl.com/e2dlp for instance) and edit it's contents. I
> was able to do a ~8Mb 'floppy' image (I think I had to specify the CHS
> to pxelinux, don't have the data at hand).
>

> hth,
> --
> mitu

Thanks for the URL, I tried editing the disk image and also creating one
from scratch using mkdiskimage but had no success, the system just hangs
when trying to boot.

Could you provide me with your exact steps?

Does someone have a working disk image (that loads DOS and is bigger
than 1.44) they are willing to share ?

Thanks

Serge