[syslinux] PXEboot large image creation

Cristi Mitrana cristi.mitrana at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 23:24:03 PST 2006

On 1/27/06, Serge de Souza <serge at cs.curtin.edu.au> wrote:

> Thanks for the URL, I tried editing the disk image and also creating one
> from scratch using mkdiskimage but had no success, the system just hangs
> when trying to boot.
>
> Could you provide me with your exact steps?
>
> Does someone have a working disk image (that loads DOS and is bigger
> than 1.44) they are willing to share ?

 Sure, here it is:  http://dp.solvit.ro/bigDos.imz
 It's a gzipped image of a DOS image (accessible with dosemu also).
 The line in the configu file for this is:

  kernel ::/memdisk
   append initrd=bigDos.imz c=320 h=2 s=32 harddisk

You could also take a look at:
http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~gmurali/gui/downloads.html
maybe it helps.

--