[syslinux] PXEboot large image creation

Cristi Mitrana cristi.mitrana at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 01:13:37 PST 2006

On 1/27/06, Serge de Souza <serge at cs.curtin.edu.au> wrote:
[..]
> That worked, but I don't seem to be able to mount it after uncompressing it:
>
> # mount -o loop bigDos.img /tmp/1
> mount: you must specify the filesystem type
>
> # mount -t vfat -o lopp bigDos.img /tmp/1
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
>         missing codepage or other error
>         In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>         dmesg | tail  or so
> # dmesg
> FAT: invalid media value (0x00)
> VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev loop0.

 I edit it with dosemu (as drive D) :
 [ ~/.dosemurc]

 $_hdimage = "drives/freedos drives/e.img "

 [ end ~/.dosemurc ]

 I created the image with mkdiskimage and added a Dosemu header. I
don't know how to loop mount it, maybe there is a way (with or without
the dosemu header) by specifying and additional offset (I think
losetup has this feature).

--
mitu