[syslinux] [update] PXE boot says server address is 0.0.0.0

Nicolas Courtel courtel at cena.fr
Tue Jul 4 07:06:44 PDT 2006

Velu Erwan a écrit :

> Nicolas Courtel a écrit :
>
>> I have tried to downgrade one by one all three software, and succeded
>> when downgrading dhcp.
>

> Dhcpd server provides the server adress is get from the "next-server"
> field. So be sure to define it in your configuration file.

Quite right, I have added this field and now the server works fine.

This behavior has changed in version 3.0.3 of dhcp3, and is advertised
in the Debian package, but for some reason the advertisement hasn't
shown up during the initial installation, but only when I upgraded the
package.

Thanks for your quick and accurate reply,

--
Nicolas