[syslinux] PXElinux booting trouble with asus a8n-vm csm + linksys srw2024 combination

Tamas, Gergely dice at mfa.kfki.hu
Tue Jul 18 22:34:40 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to get our 30 node cluster booting from remote server via
pxelinux but have problems with the following mobo / switch combination.

linksys srw2024 switch + asus a8n-vm csm mobo

Maybe somebody saw similar problems elsewere and can recomend any
solution.

mobo bios is flashed to the newest available one.

An extremly simplified test setup which shows our problem:

PC1 -> SRW2024 <- PC2

PC1(192.168.1.1) was booted with knoppix, terminal server enabled
PC2 was set to PXE network boot in bios

screen of PC2 :
--- >>> --- >>> --- >>> ---
NVIDIA Boot Agent  220.0518
[...]
CLIENT IP: ___.___.___.___ <- got walid ip from PC1 dhcp server
GATEWAY IP: ___.___.___.___ <- got walid ip from PC1 dhcp server
PXE-E11: ARP timeout
PXE-E11: APR timeout
PXE-E38: TFTP cannot open connection

Reboot and select proper Boot device

Any other switch works fine with this mobo and any other mobo works fine
with this switch(even ones with older version of nvidia boot agent).

Any ideas how to get this thing working?

Thanks in advance,
Gergely