[syslinux] question regarding memdisk, and menu/complex.c or simple.c

Murali Krishnan Ganapathy gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 28 12:02:45 PDT 2006

So, if you type in "memdisk initrd=98se.ima" on the boot prompt, it
works and selecting "W98 Boot" from the menu doesn't work?

Try the latest version (beta versions included) to see if the problem is
still there. Also is the menu system using a .COM file or a .C32 file?

Finally there is also a simple menu system, which reads your
pxelinux.cfg directly. If you can give more information, specifically
which combinations work/dont work, it would be useful.

- Murali