[syslinux] Problems booting on Intel i9x5 motherboards.

Pat Suwalski pat at suwalski.net
Fri Jun 2 07:23:33 PDT 2006

I have finally had the time to do proper debugging. I'll report my
findings below:

Murali Krishnan Ganapathy wrote:
> If the advanced menu system also results in the same problem, then you
> can rule out menu.c32 code as a culprit. Hopefully, this can help
> identify the problem.

At this point I have tried all versions of menu.c32, right from 3.00
when it first appeared. They all suffer the same on the two systems I
have that exhibit this behaviour.

As previously stated, just typing out the command in the ISOLINUX
command line works perfectly.

Also, as per your suggestion, I added a line to simple.c with the same
kernel and arguments, and it booted without problem.

The problem, thus, must be in the implementation booting functionality
in menu.c32.

Are there any suggested steps from here?

--Pat