[syslinux] Merging Mandrake 10.1 auto_install......

Khan Mohamed Ashraf kmashraf at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 19:02:17 PDT 2006

Well folks I seem to have asked a purty dumb question with the above.
But I still think I have to fill ya' ll in on how I solved it.
You put the auto_inst.cfg file generated by the Mandriva/Mandrake installer
in the root of the CD
and in the isolinux.cfg file within the /isolinux directory point to the
same by changing the append kickstart= line as follows
append kickstart=/auto_ins.cfg...................
and voila it worked,
I actually searched high and low earlier but could not find any reference to
my question at all.
There is a whole load of info about making such a merge with Fedora/RedHat.
But almost all I saw talked about
the append kickstart= line as append
kickstart=cdrom:/auto_inst.cfg....................... but this didn't work
either.
So the next logical (has me beat usually) thing to do was to get rid of the
'cdrom'.
Thanks for putting up my dumb question, probably why it needed the
moderators approval.
Ashraf