[syslinux] loader.bin

Nazo nazosan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 17:00:50 PDT 2006

On 6/12/06, Andrey Vul <andrey.vul at gmail.com> wrote:

> mingw make is best to stay away from
>
> also, i get checksum failed when i try to load isomain.bin (isolinux.asm
>  with changes isolinux_dir value)
> ill boot it off isolinux-debug.bin and send the dump
>
> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> > Andrey Vul wrote:
> >> which file do i nasm to make the loader and what switches are needed
> >> also, what switches are needed for nasming isolinux.asm
> >
> > syslinux-[version].tar.gz; type "make".
> >
> >     -hpa
> >

> --
> #andreyvul 2006
> andrey.vul at gmail.com

My experience with syslinux was that it was generally just best to
stick to linux for compiling it -- even if you have to use a live
distro or something to do that.  With such a specialized program as
it, being designed primarily for compilation under linux probably
isn't a crime (not like all those more generic things that only
compile under VC++ or something annoying like that.)